There are many recipes for Navratri, which can be prepared by using Aloo. Among them, Khus khus Aloo is a very delicious recipe, especially for the Navratri fasts. It takes very less time to cook and easy to prepare. Below, we are providing information on Khuskhus Aloo recipe.
5 Potatoes peeled and cubed (small size)
2 green chillies (chopped finely)
1/2 cup water
3 tbsp oil
Rock salt to taste
2 dry red chillies
1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp Khuskhus roasted
2 tbsp chopped Coriander Leaves
- Grind the roasted khuskhus and chopped green chillies. Use few tbsp of water while grinding to make a very fine paste. Keep it aside.
- Peel the potatoes and washed with clean water, now wrap these peeled potatoes within a cotton cloth so that it soaked the extra water from them.
- Put half of the oil in a pan and heat until it gets very hot. Fry the potatoes cubes in moderate heat until they get lightly brown. Drain these browned cubes and put aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in pan again and add the turmeric powder and dry red chilles then fry till few seconds.
- Now mix the khuskhus paste and fry on medium heat until it starts separating oil from the sides of the pan.
- Put fried potatoes in this paste and mix well. Add water and rock salt in it and stir cover and cook it in low heat till 15 minutes or until the potatoes get soft.
- Add fresh chopped coriander in it and serve the Khuskhus aloo.