Singhare ki Burfi is a sweet dish and best to eat during Navratri fast. You can prepare Singhara burfi on the first day of fast and eat during nine days of fast whenever you want. The taste of this burfi is really awesome and delicious. Check how to make Singhare ki burfi at home, it dos not take much time to prepare.
1/2 cup Singhara flour (Water Chestnut flour)
1/2 cup Khoya
3/4 cup Sugar
2 tbsp Ghee
1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
1/2 cup Water
- Take a heavy Pan and heat the ghee in it.
- Put Singhare ka Atta (Water Chestnut Flour) in the Pan and fry/stir over the low flame until it get light pink color.
- After frying, remove this Atta from the Pan and collect it in a vessel.
- Now stir-fry Khoya in the Pan over moderate heat. Heat the khoya until it turn light brown (light pink) without lump.
- Add and mix cardamom powder & fried Singhare ka Atta in khoya.
- Drain it in a vessel and put aside for cooling for 10-20 minutes.
- Put water and sugar in a Pan and make thick syrup from it by boiling. For perfect thicker consistency, boil the water and sugar over low flame.
- You can check the right consistency by putting a drop of syrup in cold water If it forms a soft ball than it is of right consistency.
- Remove the Pan from the fire.
- Now mix the syrup to the Khoya-Singhara mixture and stir it well.
- Grease a plate with ghee and transfer the mixture to it, level this mixture and put aside for cooling.
- When it gets cool and set use the sharp knife and cut the mixture into pieces (Burfi Slices).
- Singhare ke Burfi is ready to serve.